VIDA APPLICATION PROCESS
VIDA welcomes your interest in our unique training model. Our staff will work diligently with you to help you find the resources you need to attend college in a high-demand occupation. In addition to providing the necessary financial assistance you may need, VIDA is also committed to providing you with case management and career counseling. VIDA’s process for entry into our program is extensive and will require your time and commitment. Our case managers will assist you in developing a training plan to help you commit to a long-term training program. They will work with you to help you understand your abilities, determine a career path, and develop academic goals.
- Resident of the Rio Grande Valley
- 18 years or older
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Earning below federal-poverty guidelines, or underemployed with family responsibilities, earning less than $14.00 per hour, or unemployed with family responsibilities, registered with the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Identification (Texas I.D. or driver’s licence)
- U.S. residency documents
- Social-Security card
- Proof of Selective Service
- Proof of residence (current electric, water, or gas bill. If the bills are not under your name, we will need a statement from the person whose name appears on the bill with a copy of the bill.)
- Copy of GED or high-school diploma/high-school transcript
- THEA scores / ACCUPLACER scores / Compass Scores/ TSI
- Degree plan for program of study
- Copy of official current transcripts
- Statement of account
- Detailed class schedule
- Financial-aid award or financial-aid denial letter
- Nursing and Allied-Health applicants only: Letter of acceptance into the program
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF INCOME
- Current food stamps / Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) print out with applicant listed as recipient
- Documentation of unemployment benefits.
- Employed (if making less than $14.00 per hour) – recent check stub with current wage visible.
- If low income:
- Wage information for the past month for all household members employedand/or receiving benefits, such as social security, veteran’s, workman’s compensation, or disability.
2. Official documentation of self-employed income for the past months
3. Official documentation of all other income